Is there an app for

Last Updated:

1. Grinder16

Grinder16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

syncing calendar and settings. ( also posted this is app idea ). I want to set my phone up so that when I have appointments, the calendar goes into silent or vibrate mode for the duration of the appointment based on the calendar.

Appointment is 1-2. at 1 pm, phone and all notifications go into silent mode. At 2 pm, when scheduled appointment ends all notifications are restored to normal volume. This way I dont always have to remember to turn phone to silent mode when I walk into sales calls and appointments

Advertisement
  2. semperofp

semperofp Member

The closest app that I can see that does something similar is Locale I haven't used it but looks like you can manually set it by time to when you want the ringer to come on and off. Also by location.

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Don't know of anything that syncs with the calendar, but Timeriffic does exactly this as far as setting up times to turn functions off & on. You have to set the times and stuff up yourself outside the calendar, but once you have a few profiles set up, they're easy to modify.

Myself, I have it set to turn off the ringer and leave vibrate on during my Tues & Thurs evening college classes. And I have everything turned off from 3am - 9am Sat & Sun morning so I can sleep in without being bugged. :)

4. jlachesk

jlachesk Member

Locale can do this and much more. I currently have it configured to turn off the ringer during class (and regular meetings) with the additional condition of actually being at the location of the class (so if it's cancelled, it doesn't turn things off for no reason).

And to turn the ringer off when I'm sleeping based on time and location. You can configure it to do just about anything you want based on time, calendar, location...

I highly suggest checking it out. One word of warning, there have been some reports of performance issues when using this app, but I personally haven't encountered any.

5. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

Is there an app or widget for a respring/restart? can't seem to find one

6. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an app that pulls websites, email address and phone numbers from your Facebook friends and stores them either directly on the phone or as Google Contacts. The only two I've seen on Market that seem to fit this description have very low ratings and reviews claiming they don't work at all.

In fact, even a non-Android program that just exported your Facebook friends to a Google-importable .csv file would work.

EDIT: nm, found out how: http://www.folksonomy.org/2009/08/08/importing-facebook-phonebook-into-gmail-contacts/

7. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

if you download the Facebook app from the market, then add>folder>live folder> facebook phone (or something similar), all of your FB contacts that have filled out their phone number will be easily accessable by tapping that icon you've just added. It doesn't STORE it per se, but it does access it quickly.