• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there an APP or ROM with USB Tether?

Richman

Feb 27, 2010
Chicago
Hello,
I previously had an Eris with CM 7 gingerbread ROM. With it I had free USB tethering including https! My phone is my internet connection to my computer so I didn't want to lose any functionality! Easy Tether & Pda Net are not free for HTTPS tethering! I currently have no WiFi , older computer.:eek:

Thanks

did you use a market app? if so the same one should work... if it was baked into your rom,you could maybe use root explorer to find it,then either send it to yourself via email,or copy and paste it to the sd card.

if you dont have wifi to send email from the eris,just copy and paste it. you can then plug in the eris to the pc,and transfer the .apk from one sd card to the other. :)

i did this to transfer a couple of older apps from my eris and incredible that are no longer in the market.

Upvote 0
just download pdanet from the market and your done! dont be cheap. support our devs!

pda net is free in the market. i assume he means that if he uses that app,it will not simply use his unlimited data plan,it will have monthly charges assoicated.

ive never used this,so im not sure how it works.

i see the setting in GSB 2.7 to share internet connection with pc. i looked in system/app with root explorer and wichever app is providing the tether was not immediately obvious.

Upvote 0
negative. the free version doesnt allow you to access https sites after thirty days. but if you pay the one time fee of $16 dollars (if memory serves me) you get it and it uses your unlimited data from your phone.

i used this app with my droid one since that device didn't allow for tethering to a ps3 otherwise.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
i havent hooked an actual computer to it,but it runs my ipod just fine. i stayed on about 10 minutes to see if it would drop. checked email,went to the app store,checked skygrid.

im running the perfect storm 1.2. if you like that rom,you might consider an upgrade to the current version :)

I've been reading all the people that have been having problems with the gps on that version. You having any issues of any kind?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones