• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there an app that auto-syncs with google docs?

lefecious

May 17, 2011
Unfortunately the google drive app takes up too much space on my tiny optimus V, and it won't let you move it to the SD card.

So I've been using Note Everything, which I love, but I have to manually tell it when to export to google docs, and then manually select the file, and I have to repeat this for every single file I want to back up.

I was hoping there is an app out there that I can just set up to periodically send my notes to google docs, so I don't have to remember to do it.

I'm not sure I understand when you say it takes up too much space.
Don't all the docs in google drive, backup and store on your google account? And then access those files with the google drive app? It shouldn't store your files on the phone itself...just in the cloud.

Edit: do you wish to uninstall google drive and have another app just sync with drive?

Upvote 0
Google drive does store everything in the cloud, but the app itself is like 12 MB, and I use an optimus V which is notorious for having a very small internal phone memory. So if I install google drive then I have to uninstall other apps to make room for it. So I was hoping someone knew of another app that's smaller, like Note Everything, but had the ability to automatically sync with google docs like once a day or so.

Upvote 0
Google drive does store everything in the cloud, but the app itself is like 12 MB, and I use an optimus V which is notorious for having a very small internal phone memory. So if I install google drive then I have to uninstall other apps to make room for it. So I was hoping someone knew of another app that's smaller, like Note Everything, but had the ability to automatically sync with google docs like once a day or so.

gotcha! Was searching around but haven't run across anything yet:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones