is there an app that backs up saved game data?

Last Updated:

1. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I just had to do a wipe and restore and was not pleased at all when I found out titanium backup doesn't save your ingame saved data when backing up apps. I had made some nice progress with several games and bam! Start the game over! So is there anything like this? I think it would be pretty cool seeing as very few apps but saved data to the SD.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Titanium Backup Pro, or MyBackup Pro. But saved game data won't be backed up unless you are rooted, even if you have the backup apps.
  3. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Titanium Pro doesn't seem to back up game data for me, even on a custom ROM.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its in the settings to include app data. Not sure if its enabled by default.
  5. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I'm about 95% sure I set that. :)
  6. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

not sure why you can't backup game data because i know that TiBu works just fine for me. I can switch rom's and restore my games & data, without changing any TiBu specific settings.

does it happen to a certain game? Maybe that game can't be backed up...?
  7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Backing up saved games or app data.

It's possible that games and apps save some data on the SD card (or non-protected internal storage). To back up that data you could just copy some folders, possibly without needing root.

-------------------

No root required:
    One place in particular you can look before wiping/uninstalling would be:

"com.companyname.gamename" is used as an example.

This is where apps store data that is not secured, but that they want to have removed when the app is uninstalled.

-------------------

No root required:
    Another place to keep any eye out would be:
    This type of folder would not be removed when uninstalling though.

-------------------

Root required:
    If the same games are somewhere else however, I'm not sure there is much you can do other than look around the protected folders with something like "Root Explorer" or a similar app. And of course you could use something like Titanium Backup to help here.

-------------------

hope that helps :)