Is there an app that gives you a bottom scroll bar (Like in LauncherPro)

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I liked the bottom dock of LauncherPro, but I don't want to re-do all of my home pages. Any apps out there that give you the bottom dock and JUST the dock?

Advertisement
  2. hodad37

hodad37 Active Member

try the ADW launcher, I really love it.

3. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Not that I know of, but that would be cool. If you decide to go with Launcher Pro (I love it) you might want to check out Zeam as well. Last time I used Zeam it was pretty laggy and not nearly as smooth, but it does have an awesome dockbar too (haven't used it in a while so it could be more polished now).

4. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I just grabbed Launcher Pro... Could someone point me to directions on switching home programs so I can try it? I can't seem to find it, but I am sure it is easy, as I disabled Sense for a while a few months ago.

5. Taterus Maximus

Menu > Apps > Sense > Clear Defaults, then just hit the home hard key and select the launcher you want to use. Or download Home Switcher from the market, it lets you switch between launchers and set defaults without having to wait for the manage apps list to load

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Just download homeswitcher from the market, easiest way to swap default "homes".

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

7. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member

I there a way i can switch the default for the messaging icon on the bottom?

8. Taterus Maximus

Making assumptions is generally bad, but I'm guessing you mean in Launcher Pro. Longpress on the dock space you want to change, a pop up will come up select the option you want, after selecting an application you'll get another pop up with the options of 'Default Icon' 'Launcher Pro Icons' or 'Custom Icon'.

9. caliboy99

Yes making assumptions are bad for both you and I, that is why I asked this question in a LauncherPro thread. Yes that was a LauncherPro question and I thank you very much for the answer but this method is not working for me.

In my case i want to change the messaging icon to default to Handcent not stock messaging app. When I long press the icon i get a slight vibrate then no pop-up appears. I am running Fresh 2.1.2 and the launcherpro that came within that rom so i dont know if this would be adding to or causing my problem. Thanks

10. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I have noticed that Launcher Pro (I have only had it for a day) seems to do some things very slowly... Like popping up the menu to change the program/icon. The slowest is loading applications... I don't know why it is so much slower than the app drawer, but it is. :(

However, I am almost done getting everything set up the way I want it and I do like some of the functionality, so I think I will keep it... and update it as the updates become available. The author does seem to be actively chasing down bugs.

11. Taterus Maximus

Hmm. I'm running Fresh 2.1.2 also, and I do have lag with the pop up for this. So you don't get the initial pop up for placing apps in the dock? Do you have any updates available for Launcher Pro? The version I have is 0.6.2.

12. caliboy99

I dont remember getting any popup for placing apps on the bottom dock. When i go into settings>applications>manage apps, it says that i have version 4. Should i try uninstalling the version i have and find the newest one?

13. caliboy99

uninstalled then re-installed launcherpro and everything seems to be working now.