• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an app that put widgets onto an folder organizer-like popup?

PSUlion01

Jul 25, 2010
Sorry if that's a bit confusing. What I'm thinking is I would like to have all of my net radio widgets (last.fm, slacker, pandora) all on my lock screen, but I don't want to use my whole screen on widgets not in use. It might be cool if there was an app that looked like a 1x1 icon on the screen but then expanded to give you what is essentially a home screen. Sort of like how folder organizer lets you house multiple icons under that space of just one on the home screen. Does something like this exist?

Best thing I can think of is an app like QuickDesk. Not really designed to be a "widget folder" or anything but it can essentially work like one. It's more like a single desktop/home screen you can pull up while in virtually any app in order to quickly switch apps or change settings via a widget, etc.

So you could just use that app and fill the screen with widgets you would like to use, and bind it to a long press of the search key and pull it up whenever. No home screen 1x1 icon but this is probably better IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones