Is there an app that takes a screenshot of my phone?

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Hi.. I am looking for an app that will take a screenshot of what's currently on my screen. Or maybe somebody knows a better way for me to capture a screenshot from the phone.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

There is a good app.. however your phone must be rooted !!
  3. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

the app is called Screenshot you can find it in the market! works like a charm, or you can take screenshots with your computer using the SDK
  4. Jeff

Jeff Member

Awesome! Will I need to do anything special with my phone? The guy above you said my phone has to be rooted, do I need to this? Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.
  5. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

The screenshot app you will need you're phone rooted.

The second option mentioned I think is this method. Only problem is you'll need to be next to a computer to take screenshots.
    It takes a few minutes to set up but looks simple to take screenshots once it's all set up and you've take that first one.
    The instructions are here
    How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows - Simple Help

(Personally I've not tried the second option, as my phone doesn't arrive until tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be a priority for me though. Shame that there isn't any good none rooted screenshot apps on the market yet. Hope that changes soon)
  6. Clackamas

Clackamas Well-Known Member

dxTop supports making screen shots.
  7. A.C.Sanchez

A.C.Sanchez Member

Yes it does. I wonder why no one has designed an app around their methodology, as it would be a huge hit on the Droid (until someone smarter than I figures out root).
  8. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

I have dxtop just for screenshots
  9. jb4kats

jb4kats Well-Known Member

How do you know if your phone is rooted or not?
  10. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

If you do not know, it is NOT rooted. It is something special you must do to your device. It doesn't come that way or just "happen" :)
  11. mtraina7

mtraina7 Active Member

Do you have to root the phone if using dxTop as well?
  12. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

No

All of these have built in image capturing capabilities for the home

dxtop
    Home++
    SweeterHome2
  13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I prefer "ShootMe" ... just shake your phone and it takes a snapshot.
  14. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dropcap2 is another good screenshot program but your phone needs to be rooted.
  15. graff_king

graff_king Well-Known Member

openhome has screenshot app built in, I use that for lack of a camera button on my mytouch fender edition