Is there an app that will disable wifi/enable 3g reception based on gps location?Support

Last Updated:

1. EpiphanyX

EpiphanyX Member This Topic's Starter

Wouldn't it be cool if I could tell my phone to switch wifi on and switch 3g reception off when it senses that I am at work or home based on my gps coordinates and then reverse that when I'm on the road i.e. not at those coordinates I set.

Is there an app that does this? Is it even possible?

Advertisement
  2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Yes, it's called "Locale." You can find it in the market, don't know how good it works though. I tried it way back when it first came out and it didn't work that great.

3. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Locale also used to be free. Now they charge $10 for it.

4. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

The Beta for Locale is still free. I've found the Beta didn't work very well. Further, I've read the $10 app doesn't work very well, either. Shame.

5. ccjernigan

ccjernigan Member

This is possible with Locale 1.0 ($9.99) and APNDroid 2.0 (free) which is a plug-in for Locale.

6. zurloid

zurloid Active Member

Hi

I've developed an app that will set the WiFi on or off based on either GPS or cell location. The "lite" version is free and allows 2 saved locations (e.g. home and work) to be configured. You can install it by searching for "LocationBot" in the Android Market, or get it from this page. The full (unlimited) version will be available in a few days.

redirect

7. marook

marook New Member