Is there an app that'll display shortcuts to apps as i swipe down to see notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tracerit, Oct 29, 2010.

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Looking for something where when i swipe down, i see notifications and a horizontal row of assigned apps.

Advertisement
  2. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Aurora CO
    Usually the notification itself is a shortcut to the assigned app. I can't really think of any instance where a notification will have numerous apps that apply (especially since it's a specific app that placed the notification).

3. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    i want permanent user assigned shortcuts to apps in the notification swipe down screen. i'd like to be able to have the internet, notes app, alarm, and camera set stay there for quick access. i think you may have misunderstood?

4. I don't think you'll ever see an app for such a think, the Notification Bar is made for... notifications.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want the apps on your home screen instead.

5. PzykoSkillz

PzykoSkillz Member

May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    You can just make your icons completely transparent and put them on your home screen. You'd have to remember which is where, but it would be just like not having any.

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
  7. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    SC
    Would each shortcut be an icon visible on that bar when it's swiped up? Or can you have a notification in the drop down without an icon on the top?

8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Have you checked those apps the other poster recommended?

I think it will depend on the app you use, but you will have to try for yourself.

9. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Cary, NC
    There are several, and of the ones that I have tried, smart bar was by far the best and most reliable. I keep shortcuts to my camera and phone in mine (because the evo does not have physical keys for them).

10. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I haven't tried any of these shortcutting apps. I should give them a try soon on my Zio.

Smartbar looks like the best, by the way..

11. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Male
    working.
    Haven't tried the others listed but Bar Control works just fine for me

12. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Software Developer
    On the sofa
    Bar Control rocks - I've been using it since it came out combined with ToggleWifi and BluetoothMode to provide permanent quick access to bluetooth and / or wifi whilst in any screen / app.

13. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    I like Smart Taskbar (diff than Smart Bar) and think it can meet your needs.