• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an App to import and edit AVCHD videos on my phone

ccmediaman

Lurker
Apr 30, 2015
Hi all, my first post here!

I recently updated to a new Samsung Galaxy S6 and have a question re ingesting/importing video clips from a pro SOny video camera (X-70 XDCAM) and then editing/exporting files as one "master" file.

So my workflow would be as follows:

1) Connect an OTG (On The Go) SD card reader to my USB port on the phone
2) Insert SD card into said reader
3) Import required video files from SD card
4) Choose shots and then edit clips into one file (probably MP4 format)
5) Transfer final video via the 'net to a remote location.

I already have an app called "MediaConverter" that "sees" my external SD card and happily converts the chosen MTS files to MP4. All I do then is import those files into a video editing app, "VidTrim Pro", as separate files, tidy them up, stitch them together and export as one file. This workflow does the job but it's a bit clumsy. I would just rather use the one app to import, edit and export.

So after that convoluted explanation, all I am really after is an Android app that "sees" AVCHD files on an external SD card that I can combine and edit shots with, and export as one final file to be sent over the 'net.

Any ideas?

As an aside, an upcoming firmware update to my camera will apparently allow me to transfer clips to my phone directly via WiFi/NFC...but I am not convinced that is going to be an elegant method - although it WILL indeed do away with the SD card reader part of the workflow.

All the best,

ccmediaman

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones