Is there an App to remotely wipe my phone in the event of loss/theft?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Vesbon, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I have some pretty sensitive data on my phone and I'd be nervous if I lost it. I use SplashID, but since my Gmail is on there, that would be bad if it fell into the wrong hands.

Is there an App to remotely erase all my data?

Or, what about an App that can remotely sign out of Gmail? That would be ideal. I use the "pattern password thing (touch password)", but just in case someone cracks that I want to be able to remotely log out of Gmail. Can I do that?

Thanks
    -v

Advertisement

2. ROOFTOP-SPECIAL

Dec 30, 2009
  3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I've seen several such apps mentioned around here, the most recent being My Mobile Recovery from Asurion. It's free for Verizon customers with TEC insurance.

As for remotely loging out of Gmail, you could always change your Gmail password via the web interface on a computer. I don't know what this would do with regard to your cached email on the phone, but that should prevent anyone from sending or deleting anything in Gmail.

4. maxnicks

maxnicks Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    FindR beta is what I use. I believe I originally joined the beta when I purchased Antivirus Pro on the marketplace. It's by droidsecurity.com. Looking at their site, the FindR service comes along with it. You can totally wipe your phone remotely.

5. toronado455

toronado455 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Does the FindR extension get installed on the Android device, PC, or both?

6. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Good suggestions, thanks!

-v

7. Al3x4Fun

Al3x4Fun Member

Sep 19, 2010
    i use wave secure and it works nice... and i think it's free.. i don't remember..