• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an application on the market that allows me to view all these types of files? I have seen

Rossco_Pee

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Iowa
pdf, docx, xls, ppt

Is there an application on the market that allows me to view all these types of files? I have seen a few, but they all get crappy reviews. Anyone have one that works for them? Also, is it free or paid?

Edit: Sorry about the title, I got anxious and left it blank.

From HTC: "Quickoffice lets you view Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint files on your phone. Quickoffice supports viewing of Microsoft Office 2003 Word (.doc), Excel (.xls), PowerPoint (.ppt) and text (.txt) files."

Quickoffice is a stock HTC App that should already be on your phone. The docx files may be a problem since that is a Microsoft Word format that didn't show up until Microsoft Office 2007 and is now also in Microsoft Office 2010.

Upvote 0
I'm running a rooted phone with Froyo. Quickoffice was not included with the ROM. I went to find it in the market and it was not there. Then I found an .apk from a google search and it kept force closing when I tried to use it? Do I need to find one compatible with Froyo? Does anyone have the apk or other suggestions? THanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones