Is there an easier way to unroot other than using RSD Lite?

Last Updated:

1. j4claerr

j4claerr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have used RSD Lite before to re-root my phone after applying 2.1 so I am comfortable using it again.

I was just wondering if there is an easier way to unroot my phone. I know all of you are saying why unroot? Well I really dont utilize the root at all anymore. I origonally did it to change the status bar to black (this is prolly the only thing that I will miss), to be able to downloas Led Hack (I recently uninstalled it and it appears that the leds turn off now in 2.2, I dunno if that was fixed in 2.1), and for wireless and wired tether (pdanet works without rooting and I have never once used the wireless tether other than to they and see if it works.

It seems that I have had more problems with rooting then when my phone was unrooted. Yea my phone is faster now bc of OC but unrooted it wasnt that slow anyway and I dont know if anyone else is having this problem but I get email notifications all the time even when I do not have a new email and it is really bothering me.

So after that rant I was just wondering if there was an easier way to unroot. I tried downloading the rom from rom manager verizon 2.0.1 stock without root odexed and it gave me some error when installing.

So if I have to use RSD Lite I will I was jsut wondering if there was an easier way.

Also since I will not be rooted anymore is there any other program out there that saves data other than TiBu??? I take it I will not be able to restore data with TiBu being unrooted.

Dont know if this matters with RSD Lite but right now I am on BB 0.4 using chevy 1g kernal with the most updated baseband of .01P

Advertisement
  2. glitch32

glitch32 Well-Known Member

Have you tried other ROMs? I'm using JRummy's new Lithium Mod and it's amazing! I can't find anything wrong with it so far and it's been on my phone for a couple of weeks.
    Also, I found that using the linux process to root/unroot is very easy. I don't know if you have a linux box or are comfortable with linux, but it's a good way to go if you don't like rsd lite.

3. glitch32

glitch32 Well-Known Member

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

There is a stock 2.0.1 rom that even flashes stock recovery. I would highly suggest at least trying RSD Lite first though. RSD Lite is a more thorough and complete way of unrooting. You are going to lose data going back to stock.

Heres a link to the 2.0.1 rom. This wont work with clockwork recovery you have to have SPRecovery to use it. Make sure you wipe data and cache.

update-stock.zip

5. j4claerr

I guess I will just use RSSD Lite then if it is the best way to do it.

6. Trofn8er

Trofn8er Active Member

It might be possible to purchase Easyroot for .99 then just hit the un-root button. Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer for sure.

7. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

or as glitch32 suggested give jrummys lithium mod a try first. I have been running this rom also without a single flaw ... cant hurt :)

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I dont think easyroot would take away the custom recovery. You could flash the stock recovery if you had the recovery.img but who knows if anything would be left behind from rooting.

9. j4claerr

Meh, nowadays the only thing that rooting offers me is a change in color of the notification bar.

Plus will all the frequesnt updates to the roms wiping data and reloading everything is just a hassle. I dont have time any more for that. An hour is hard to come by now with work and the new house I just bought.

So I think it is time to say goodbye to rooting and if something amazing comes along down the road maybe I will reroot again but for now there is just no real benifit for me to stay rooted.

Plus maybe if I unroot and I still get the annoying email notifications maybe I can convince Verizon it is a warranty issue and I can get the droid 2 or a better phone!!!!!

10. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

understood :)