• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an Email App that is decent?

mdevine

Nov 12, 2009
Tried both standard email client and touchdown. Both seem fine for replying to emails and sending an email to one person via contacts, but to start a new email and have to CC multiple people is very painful. You almost have to type the entire email address for each recipient.

I must be doing something wrong or there must be something better. any ideas?

thanks

I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of the email client that the Droid has. Also it doesn't seem to wanna play well with yahoo. For example, I have multiple folders on yahoo's server's, but they don't show up in the email client for the Droid. I find this weird because I came from the iPhone and my mobile me email account and all of it's folders show up perfectly. Am I missing something as well??

EDIT: The reason these folders are so important to me is because I archive any email that is not "junk" mail to an old mail folder where they remain saved for about 2-4 years. They give you unlimited storage..... why not take advantage?? :) I used to find myself looking for old emails all the time, but this isnt a problem anymore. However this problem is basically forcing me to use my laptop for email moving from folder to folder. Before with the IPhone however, I NEVER NEVER used the computer for emails, and I would very much like to do that again.

Upvote 0
Give K9 a try. It's pretty good and seems to work well with Yahoo. It's not perfect, but better than the stock mail app. There is one bug I've seen related to message counts in the notification bar. The stock app was a nightmare with yahoo. It caused hundreds of dupes to be replicated in my web sent items folder. Really weird.

I'd like to find a mail client that lets me read conversations in a threaded manner. I may just dump yahoo and go 100% with gmail. The droid gmail client is decent.

John

Upvote 0
Matt- TD does give the name suggestions, but it is very slow. For example if I want to send to email to Joe Smith...I type in last name smith and it takes 7-10 seconds before the name suggestions pop up. I have about 2K contacts loaded up, maybe that is the issue?

Does it take this long for your (or others peoples) contact suggestions to show up?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones