• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there an exploit that kills my wifi?

my wifi comes back with cannot scan networks ( or something close) and my 4G phone icon is at the top but where the bars should be there is a circle with a line through it. when I try to dial out I get "no mobile networks" and mobile networks is enabled and the phone is not in airplane mode. I can still send and receive text messages and can connect to the internet( NOT WIRELESSLY). I have gone to Verizon and have gotten a new sim, did a hard reset to factory settings, rooted the phone and it is still the same , the phone is a Samsung galaxy stratosphere 405I.

You are confusing WiFi wireless connections with wireless data connections through Verizon. The 4G icon has nothing to do with WiFi - that's Verizon. Dialing out has nothing to do with WiFi - that's Verizon. WiFi is a different connection, usually through your home internet or public WiFi like a cafe or hotel.

Your information is confusing. I'm not sure if you have a WiFi problem or not, but you seem to have a Verizon problem. You can't make calls and your 4G is apparently not working, the icon is crossed out.. Yet you say you can do text messages and connect to the internet, so you must have a wireless connection of one kind or the other.

Rooting is not a solution. In fact, it could be the problem, that's unknown. But now that you rooted the phone Verizon may not want to help you, they could just say you mucked up the phone yourself and they're not responsible.

Try to give some more specific information an we'll try to help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones