• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is there an update to android 1.6?

There recently was JH-something, but it was just a regional fw for O2 Germany, so it is probably same old JC6 with JH coming from the CSC version, which is pretty much irrelevant for anyone outside Germany )

Informale, I've been looking around for that one but I can't find it, think you could find it back? It might be an XX version of JC6 which I would prefer to XEJC6 and XXJB2...

Thanks...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
See for i7500L users, an official update is really needed. Although GAOSP is great, there are parts of our phone that is still sitting at 1.5 ( the amss ). Now I don't know if an official Donut amss for L users would be of benefit, or not, but I would like all of my phone upgraded.
In case anyone is interested, I received an e-mail response from Samsung advising me that the phone will not be receiving an upgrade to 1.6. The hardware is not compatible with the new version. Whatever that means.

Upvote 0
I cant find the thread where a guy said that he has problems with the dialer because the market ADW launcher, there was a link there from someone suggesting to use an adw from infect's site, please give me that link 'cos i have a stock adw and it sucks. Also, can i install stuff that i cant find on my market? like launcherpro?

Here is the link to infect's site for ADW BOX23 /pub/adw/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones