1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

is there any 3rd party email apps better than stock email app?General

1. picard12

picard12 Active Member

is there any 3rd party email apps better than stock email app?

What do email apps do you consider best ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

The stock version never seems to work with Yahoo mail.
    Yahoo mail doesn't seem to work with Yahoo mail either. :rolleyes:

I resorted to inomail from a suggestion here.
  3. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

I like AquaMail
  4. picard12

picard12 Active Member

is aquamail reliable and good?

does it have the problem of recurring old email like stock mail app ?
  5. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues like that, but all my email is GMail-based, including my work email. I also tried K-9 Mail and Kaiten mail. They were good, but I prefer the AquaMail interface and options. I still keep K-9 installed because Executive Assistant can read its email database (useful for widget) rather than me having to set up Executive Assistant with my email credentials.
  6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

The best email client still depend on what your needs are. If you tell us what you're looking for in an email client, we might be able to suggest an email client that would address your needs. :)

-Sent using the force
  7. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member

Touchdown is good for Exchange based email. I really like how it interfaces with the contact app, so I can touch a name on an email, go to their contact card, and from their easily find any events or emails from that person, as well as any notes I have for them. In general they seem to allow for a lot more customization then the stock email app.

The biggest negative for me is that there doesn't seem to be a way to use the keyboard in landscape to reply to an email, so I've been using the stock email app to reply to all messages so far, and just using Touchdown for reading.

I just installed K-9 for a personal account, but haven't had enough time to play with it yet to see how much I like it.
  8. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Touchdown for Exchange and Kaiten Mail for the rest.
  9. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

I use Aquamail.

It's pretty damn good, and the author readily takes suggestions on the website on how to improve it.

Far more customizable options than most email clients.

Let's face it -- there isn't a good stock email client for Android. Perhaps I am saying that because I came from iOS and see how good their email client is.

I am *hoping* now that Google bought Sparrow, that email client becomes available for Android in the near future.

Until then, definitely recommend Aqua Mail.
  10. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

Not sure what you are experiencing? I use touchdown exclusively for exchange email and have done so for a couple of years and love it. I reply to emails all the time in landscape with no issues although I am using Swiftkey Keyboard and not stock. Maybe that is making the difference?
  11. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member

Really? I've tried a couple of different keyboards and none of them really have worked, although I haven't tried Swiftkey yet. The Samsung Keyboard and Swype are both so huge in landscape that it covers up 100% of the text box. I've been using Hacker's Keyboard with the vertical height set to something like 35% which is slightly better, I can see almost an entire row of text (but the bottoms and tops of the letters are cut off). The problem is there is a giant toolbar with Send, Cancel, and Drafts on it that covers up way too much screen real estate, and I can't figure out how to turn it off (I even emailed NitroDesk for help with it but I don't think they understood the question).

Using the same keyboard on the stock mail client I'm able to see about 6 rows of text in landscape.
  12. lylisdad

lylisdad Member

I like MailDroid.
  13. iamfriedsushi

iamfriedsushi Member

Can folks say what it is that they like about each email client?

Thanks!
  14. NJRonbo

Aquamail has an unbelievable amount of customization that you can do. So much customization in fact that it seems to be too much.

It's a really good email app with its only major flaw being that it doesn't do as perfect a job formatting the messages as the GMAIL and stock SAMSUNG mail apps do. This is a problem that the software's author has been struggling with to fix.

One of the big things that drove me away from the Samsung stock mail app was the fact I could not have my email automatically check itself every minute. That's important to me. And yes, I can manually check for new mail as often as I want, but I need to do it without taking it out of my pocket or holster. An audible alert lets me know when new email has arrived.

Trust me, I have sampled all the popular mail clients and Aqua Mail seems to be the most feature-enriched.
  15. NJRonbo

16. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

I tried the Aqua Mail and took it off after a day. Didn't like the interface at all.
  17. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

I created a Gmail account then ported my other emails hotmail/shaw to it so now all I need to do is check the built in Gmail app for all my accounts..Easy peasy lemon squeezy