1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any app that can alert you when you don't have an active data connection?

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There seems to be some little bug in AOSP 1.6 where the data can stop working after wifi use. Is there any app that can leave a notification when there is no active data/wifi connection (basically when the device can't connect to the internet in any way)?

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

It looks like Tasker should be able to do this. It's currently in beta, and only available from the developer's site. The current version is no longer available for download, but the next version is due out soon (estimated Feb 15 as of this writing). However, if you find an app that's specifically designed for this, it would certainly be easier to setup, though setting up Tasker to do this wouldn't be too difficult.

3. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

Can you Tasker beta testers keep us informed when they might be open for more testers or how the application is developing? I'm looking forward to using it but I assume it will be awhile before it will be on the market or open for additional testers.

Thanks,

Tom

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

When it's available for download, it's available for anyone to download - no registration or approval required. The developer just pulls it from distribution when he's gotten enough feedback to deal with.

I've been mentioning Tasker in any thread where I think it might be a solution, much like I used to to with Locale. Unfortunately, that makes it difficult for me to keep track of where I should report back to people when it's available again. I will do my best to alert people in threads that are still active, but your best bet would be to visit the developer's site regularly. Besides, I don't want to incur the wrath of the mods by posting the same "Tasker is now available" message in half a dozen threads. Maybe a single NEW thread would do the trick.

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

The program Missed Call has a configurable alert when Bluetooth is connected and disconnected. You might write the developer and see if a wifi alert can be added.