Is there any easier way to use Titanium Backup?

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

Lets say you do a factory reset of your phone and want to put all your apps back on, you have to install each one individually with TB?

I was hoping Titanium Backup worked kind of like Nandroid in that it just restored everything on it's own, or at least install the apps on it's own without you having to sit there and click install for each one.

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW I only have the free version.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

There's the key. Paid version does what you are wanting.

3. Hand76

Ohhhhh sounds like a must get.

Thanks Iowa

4. iowabowtech

Yeah, the dev does the paid thing a little different than other apps. You use Paypal and then he emails you an activation code. If you decide to go with Ti as your app backup mechanism, its a must have IMO.

5. Hand76

Yea I just noticed that. That sucks.

Actually worked out well took an instant payment through paypal and just got my key.

6. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

menu -> batch -> backup all user apps and system data -> run the batch operation. this will backup all your info and apps.. then to restore them all, do the same thing only choose restore all apps and data

7. Hand76

Yes I know but you have to install each one individually

Just got my key for paid version so I will try that tonight when I get home.

8. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member

How did this work out. I like the idea of backing up my apps but I really hate having to setup a paypal account and dick around with all that jazz just to buy an app. Is there another option that is as good that I can pay for with my google account.

9. Hand76

My paypal account is linked to my checking so it just wrote him an instant echeck and I had my key in 10 minutes.

Was worth it.

Also TB not only reinstalls all your apps but (something I didn't know) puts them back on your homescreen where they were....

Wow!

10. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

MyBackup does a nice job. It can do the same level backup as TB and can also restore your home screens. One or the other is a must, I bought both, if your going to flash ROMS.

As far as I can tell you can't restore home screens on ROMS that use any third party launcher for their UI though

11. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member

Ok well that is cool, just something about paypal that bugs me. What does the full version of TB do that the free one doesn't? If I do a batch and do a full backup and then full restore isn't that pretty good.

Also if I buy apps from the Market can I just download them again or do I have to purchase them again if they are lost?

12. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

mybackup doesn't require root though, right? so how are they doing that if titanium does? what is titanium doing (since it requires root) that mybackup can't do?

i used mybackup before i rooted, i have installed titanium but haven't gotten the chance to use it yet...

13. mb01

mb01 Banned

mybackup doesnt save the data within the apps when you back them up. just the apk installer for the app itself. also the free version is only 30 days trial and pro version is 5.00 compared to 4.00 for TB.

14. DirectDrive

DirectDrive New Member

i didn't know that it did the homescreen too. very cool.

i also paid and am stoked. i didn't get my key in 10 mins but i did get it quickly.

15. crackers8199

will titanium also backup sms/mms? that was one of the things that mybackup does that i really like...

16. iowabowtech

Yes.

17. crackers8199

cool...that makes my decision easier as to which one to keep.

18. ooz

ooz Active Member

Just use ADW Launcher. It can back up your homescreen setup and settings onto your sd card. Then you can restore once you have flashed your ROM and reinstalled your 3rd party apps.

LP might do this too, but not sure as I don't use it.