Is there any easy way to delete over 1800 text messages?General

Last Updated:

1. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member This Topic's Starter

Everytime I try to delete this many text messages my phone pretty much locks up and they never erase and the problem will just repeat itself. I literally pushed the delete button when i went to bed the other night and 6 hours later nothing had happened except that i needed to pull my battery. This really cant be the only way to delete can it?

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

If you don't mind playing with your phone and setting everything up again, you can do a factory reset. Back everything up first. It would probably take less time to load all your aps from the backups or market than it would to delete all those messages.

3. RMB

RMB Well-Known Member

Magnets. How do they work?

scrubs likes this.
  4. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

No! Don't hard reset! :) Go to the market and download "Delete Old Messages". If you would like to back up messages and then delete, then download "SMS Backup & Restore". The delete old messages app will take a while to get rid of all the messages...maybe an hour but it shouldn't lock up on you. Backing up takes a split second.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I used an app that is a bit faster and has a few configuration options. It's "Delete Old Messages," free.

You can configure it to delete back to months or just days.. that way you can delete them in easier to handle chunks than the all at once which is locking up your phone.

Do a search for, "Delete Old Messages" in Market, I recommend.

6. Frisco

Well I see alpralozam got the word to you first.. ;)

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

gmta;)

8. Frisco

gmta? got my turbo android? gonna make theresa anxious? gee my tortillas arrived? go marry tom's aunt? guss's mom tangoed already?

9. smacky

smacky Banned

Cleary, they don't. :rolleyes:

I would recommend going to the page with all your different conversations and hitting "menu." Next, hit "delete" and it will allow you to check off conversations that you want to delete. Just check off everything (1800 is a ton) and it should freeze up for a good ten or fifteen minutes but once it comes back to its senses, it will have cleared everything.

I would recommend putting the phone on charger as it tends to destroy your battery, taking out 20$% in 20 minutes. Gets pretty intense, I'm guessing.

10. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike. :cool:

11. pea

pea Active Member

delete old messages is the best.. i now got into the habit of using delete old messages every sunday morning.

12. AndroidFantic

AndroidFantic Well-Known Member

Download delete all messages and then before you go to sleep it will delete the messages took me about 30 minutes to delete 1105

13. xNJxPlague

xNJxPlague Well-Known Member

Download Message Cleanup. I think it was 2$ but it works like a charm. I ALWAYS have a ton of messages.. like.. 1000+ a day, so i need it.

14. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Are you still on version 1.5? I havent seen this issue pop up lately, has it been fixed with the 2.1 leaks?

15. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member This Topic's Starter

Im still on the old software I havent felt like updating to the new version until its legit. I just don't feel like dealing with whatever problems it may bring but Ill try that app from the market. Thanks a lot guys