is there any reason i should flash the gapps?

Last Updated:

1. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

was getting that ADB error while trying to restore nandroids so i just got fed up and pdated my recovery to the one darch suggested which is AMON RA 1.7. so now i am starting fresh again. all i did was flash the CM6 9/18 stable and it seems like everything i need such as gmail, maps, is already there. why should i even flash the GAPPS? i checked the gapps zip and i see that there is a bunch of google crap in there that i don't even know what it is. again, i did NOT flash gapps and i already have the market, gmail...i dont use google voice, car home, or googlegoggles or any of that crap so why should i flash gapps? just want to know. lemme know thanks

Advertisement
  2. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

There is no reason you have to flash gapps. if you already have the market, and dont want all the extra rubbish, just download the apps you want from the market. gapps just makes it easy to get everything in one flash instead of downloading one by one, but if you dont care for the stuff on the file, no need to flash it

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

If you have the market, gmail.... I don't believe there is any reason to flash the new gapps. Only issue you would come across would be something like updating the new gmail 2.3.

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i don't know why but when i just flashed the CM6 rom, it already had the market and gmail and stuff in there. i dont recall the market being included in darchstar's previous roms like DDv2.8. o wells thats great that i dont have to flash gapps because i would have to manually remove it from adb or rootexplorer anyways

5. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

I believe the new gapps.zip has a Map GPS tweak as well as a fix for the issue some were having with Streetview.