is there any way to change the text message screen

Last Updated:

1. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i was sending some texts then realized how ugly the white grey and weird yellow looks on there is there a way to change those colors???

Advertisement
  2. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

download either chomp sms or handcent and u can change the colors and alot more

i used handcent for awhile and just downloaded chompsms and have to say I like chomp sms a hell of alot better (only downside of chomp are the ads, have to pay $5 to remove then, but its worth it)

3. kappo9000

kappo9000 Member

Mind telling us why you think so? I had both for a bit but use Handcent because it's ad-free. I couldn't tell much of a difference, so I just stuck with Handcent.

What makes Chomp worth $5 for you? Hell, I would pay $5 if me sending a picture from Gallery didnt always come through as a slide show :(

4. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

Honestly there really isn't that much difference between the two the main thing that sold me was the top banner and the input/send bar. I hate how bulky the top bar is on handcent , on chomp the banner and bar just seemed more "polished" to me. But then again this might just be the OCD in me lol, but I feel it goes better with the whole android theme, handcent just seems more like an iphone style to me (I know you can change between IPhone and Hero style but its still not that big of a difference)

But if your happy with handcent, then more power to you its all about personal preference.