Is there any way to go back to stock/flash a rom without an sd card?

1. ben1122a

ben1122a Well-Known Member

My Motorola triumph doesn't seem to recognize any sd cards. That being said, I can't flash a stock rom through cwm. I have starship and bkernel. Virgin Mobile SHOULD (fingers crossed) be sending me a new phone. Is there anyway I can get back to stock using adb or download mode?

Advertisement
    :
  2. marcusi23

marcusi23 Well-Known Member

Here's a link on how to flash a rom without sd card.
    How to flash a custom ROM without a SD-card
    ben1122a likes this.
  3. ben1122a

I don't seem to be able to use adb while in recovery. Only when the phone is fully on. When it's on, i can't mount /data :/
  4. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member

you might try doing it from download mode
  5. ben1122a

Entered download mode (pwr+vol down) connected to computer. I can see the mobile drive but when i try to use adb devices there are no devices listed. If i try to use fastboot devices still blank. gahh
  6. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

ben1122a likes this.
  7. ben1122a

installed cwm 6.0.1.2 and still not seeing my device in adb >.< searching around to see if I don't have some especial driver installed or something.
  8. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

you need to install all the phones drivers on your computer so it can be recognize to make sure your device is ready under device manager your phone should show up as' CDMA ADB device ' or something with 'ADB' on it you will need to install the official Moto drivers for the Triumph or the right set or drivers in order for ADB to recognize your phone there is the drivers that come with ADB that sometimes work depending on what phone but is best to use the right set of drivers also make sure you have everything set up to use ADB like update the framework on your pc and all that have the latest java etc.
    ben1122a likes this.
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

If you're just worried about sending the phone back to Virgin with a custom rom, don't. Virgin flashes a new image to the phone when they receive it, both to remove customers data and make any troubleshooting required from a known state before dropping it a box and sending it back out.
    ben1122a likes this.
  10. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

Can you use ADB while booted?
    ben1122a likes this.
  11. ben1122a

Yes it works just fine when I am booted. It just doesn't work in recovery :/
  12. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

Download load and burn an Ubuntu CD and boot from it. Then try before you install. Once booted in do back to download mode on the phone and plug it in and you should see all the partitions. From there you should be able to copy in the stock files. Never tried this before by copying the ROM and such. It should work, the only thing to be concerned about it permissions to files. Also make sure that before you boot into Ubuntu that you have the stock ROM extracted into a folder on your C:\ of your Windows computer. You should be able to access it through Ubuntu in read only mode.
    inub and ben1122a like this.
  13. ben1122a

Well, I think I've had enough of trying to get this fixed. Maybe my sdcard with spontaneously be recognized again. Hopefully, they won't mind a triumph with starship and bkernel ;) thanks for all your help guys. Sometimes stuff just doesn't work xD