• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there any way to have a calendar that works with Google Apps?

DWilliams

Nov 30, 2009
We use Google Apps at work, primarily for GMail and Google Calendar. I can't seem to figure out how to get the calendar app on my Droid to work with Google Apps, however.

I have two accounts set up to sync on my phone, my personal account and my work account. This works fine for email, I can sync and check both accounts easily. Calendars, however, are a problem. The only calendar it seems to work with is my personal google account, which I don't use. All my events (and company's events) are on the Google Apps calendar. If I go to "add calendar", the only options that come up are the calendars for various google groups I belong to on my personal account, which isn't what I want.

How can I get google apps calendar on my phone? I can pull up the browser and manually access it through the website, but this is less than ideal since it takes frustratingly long to do that, not to mention the lack of reminders and such (and I'd especially like to have it working with a wigit on my desktop).

You can use Google Calendar Sync and sync Outlook with Google Calendar or Visa Versa. Just make sure you set it up with the Gmail account being used on your phone.

Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help

Or maybe you can merge the two calendars (work & home).

The calendar on your phone will only work with the account you registered your phone with initially.

If you re register with your work email address you will have to re-buy all your marketplace items.

Upvote 0
We use Google Apps at work, primarily for GMail and Google Calendar. I can't seem to figure out how to get the calendar app on my Droid to work with Google Apps, however.

I have two accounts set up to sync on my phone, my personal account and my work account. This works fine for email, I can sync and check both accounts easily. Calendars, however, are a problem. The only calendar it seems to work with is my personal google account, which I don't use. All my events (and company's events) are on the Google Apps calendar. If I go to "add calendar", the only options that come up are the calendars for various google groups I belong to on my personal account, which isn't what I want.

How can I get google apps calendar on my phone? I can pull up the browser and manually access it through the website, but this is less than ideal since it takes frustratingly long to do that, not to mention the lack of reminders and such (and I'd especially like to have it working with a wigit on my desktop).

Executive Assistant may be more than you're looking for, but it supports both Google & Google Apps accounts and will allow you to preview your Google Apps calendar on a home screen widget (or on your lock screen), along with gmail, sms, missed calls and (optionally) rss & twitter previews (and more). More details & screen shots available at Executive Assistant (Appventive) .

Available as both a free, ad-supported version, and for $1.99, an ad-free version. Just search for Appventive in the Android Market.

If you do give it a try, I'd love to hear what you think.

Cheers,
Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones