Is there any way to increase the font size on the OS of the Eris ?General

Last Updated:

1. Blackbelt4

Blackbelt4 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm hoping someone has a solution, as I'm looking for a way to increase the font on my menus, settings, and for the general overall OS system. I realize I can add apps like Handcent that will allow me to do it for things like SMS/MMS. But I also would like to have a way to just increase the font for everything else. After coming over to the Eris from several other smartphones where the font could be adjusted, I'm concerned that I havent found a way on the Eris.

And no, I am not looking for answers such as, "Put on your reading glasses". LOL. I'm hoping I'm just overlooking a simple setting, and maybe an easy app that I can get thru The Market ????
    Thanks !

Advertisement
  2. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

I only had it for a few minutes so I'm not 100% certain but there is an app called Spare Parts. I believe it had a font selection, not sure about a size option though.

3. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

The short answer is no, you can't change the font size. Spare parts has the setting to do it, but it doesn't work once you leave that app. If you learn of a way to do it please post!

4. cmerrtt

cmerrtt Well-Known Member

+1 - I have looked all over about changing the system fonts for those of us without 20/20 vision nowadays. If you hear of something - please post! Thx

5. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

Why oh why couldn't there at least be an app for this.... not to mention a setting in the stock menu. EVERY phone, (except android phones apparently) smart or dumb, can do this!

6. wilthis

wilthis Member

Any news on getting bigger fonts?

7. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I looked into this pretty thoroughly and there is no way to change the font size of the OS.

As you said, in Handcent, you can change the font for messages already sent and received, which is great, but the font size in the text box where you type your message is tiny. I emailed the developer about this, asking if he could make that font size bigger, and he said he might.

This is the only phone I've ever had that doesn't let the user specify a system wide font size. This is also one of the main reasons I am back on my blackberry.

8. cmerrtt

cmerrtt Well-Known Member

I would love to know too why Android cannot change their system fonts - sure makes it hard on the eyes ;)

9. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Good thing my eyes are still young so I can read small text easily.