Is there any way to install the Navionics App when rooted?

Last Updated:

1. Miskeeter

Miskeeter New Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Droid last night to Froyo 2.2 (Love It). I am an avid boater and I recently found and purchased the Navionics application (Love It Too). Now that i am rooted the Android Marketplace will not find this app. The Navionics tech help dude told me that i couldn't have it if I rooted my phone.... Thats Junk! I still have all the charts on my SD card but there is no application launcher installed. I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Probably what you will have to do is load a 2.1 rom and download the app. Then use titanium backup to back it up. Then load your 2.2 rom again and restore your backup. It may work and it may not. But I dont know of any other way to go about it.

3. Miskeeter

Miskeeter New Member This Topic's Starter

When I initially tried to back it up the application was listed as "private." Is there any other way to make my droid identify itself differently inside of the app marketplace? That must be what is going on. Does that make any sense?

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you have to change your build.prop although I think there is more to it than that

5. outkast7222

outkast7222 Member

Not sure why I didnt work for you I just rooted my droid tonight to the clean froyo and Navionics North is the first thing I reinstalled because if that didnt work I would go back to un-rooted or 2.1.

6. dmdroid

dmdroid Well-Known Member

I downloaded the Navionics chart software when I was on the plain jane Froyo build, and have changed roms a few times since. Navionics works fine on my Droid. Of course I have all of my apps backed up on my SD card. You might get your transaction number from when you paid for the app, and ask them to allow you to download the app again. When you download any paid app, I suggest you back it up on your SD card.
    Li