• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there any way to "lock" a file (write-protect) in Samsung Galaxy S4?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I'm trying to figure out if there's there any way to "lock" a file so it can't be accidentally deleted (i.e., "write-protect" a file). I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, KitKat 4.2.2.

I've used this option on previous phones, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on my S4. I assumed there'd be a way to do this, but I'm just not finding it. Am I missing something?

For example in my old LG phone, you could select a photo file, or even multiple files at a time, and the menu showed you an option called "lock". It didn't render the file hidden or password protected. You just couldn't delete it, unless you actively "unlocked" the file, by reversing the steps you took when you locked it.

This basically made impossible to accidentally unlock & delete a file, even via the most skilled butt dialing, or a little kid pushing random buttons, etc.

Any suggestions...?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones