Is there any way to lock the screen when in the kindle app?Tips

Last Updated: 2013-10-13 11:22:14
  1. geckogirl1975

geckogirl1975 New Member

I have the same Kindle app on my droid phone, and on the phone, there is a little "lock" icon in the bottom right corner, that keeps the print oriented in one direction, so when you turn your phone, the print doesn't change orientation. I can not figure out how to do this on the Tab. Does anyone have an answer for this?

Advertisement
  2. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed this but I just checked my tab and couldn't find it either. :/
  3. hkmk23

hkmk23 Well-Known Member

Mine is a Tab2 7 and in settings, there is a display icon, on the right you have the option of auto rotate screen, just untick the box in which ever orientation you require.
  4. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I still can't find it. I see under Aa: Font, margin, line spacing, screen color and brightness.:confused: What am I missing?
  5. GizYerJaiket

GizYerJaiket New Member

In the most recent Android Kindle app(vers 4.2.0.34) The lock/unlock toggle icon appears at the bottom right hand side of the screen for a few seconds as soon as you switch orientations by moving the phone. Just press this icon to lock/unlock.
  6. hkmk23

hkmk23 Well-Known Member

I have a TAB 2 7, at the top of the screen there is on the left "pull" down mini menu and there is a lock/unlock icon called screen rotation. simply put the screen in the axis you want (vertical or horizontal) and touch the icon, it will go out and the screen will be locked in that axis.