1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to still get unlimited LTE on Verizon?

Last Updated:

1. ShiftNo

ShiftNo Well-Known Member

I'm not a Verizon customer currently, but I am wondering if there is any way for a new customer to get some kind of plan that has unlimited 4G data. Whether it's a phone + hotspot, a MiFi, or anything else, I'm just wondering if it still can be done.

I've done some math, and 2 or 4 GB of data simply wouldn't be enough. So even if it costs a little bit more than normal, it might be well worth it for me to be able to get unlimited LTE.

Advertisement
  2. spottedcatfish

spottedcatfish Well-Known Member

Long story short, no. There's no way to start a new line of service for ANY device and get unlimited data at Verizon. The unlimited data feature is discontinued, and only grandfathered for people who got it when it was available.
  3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

There is only one way I can think of (sort of some pretty BA negotiating skills) and that is to buy a contract from someone with grandfathered unlimited looking to get out.
  4. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

That was exactly what I was thinking. However, with all the carriers moving in the direction of tiered data plans, these older plans may end up being a new kind of commodity. Wouldn't that be crazy?
  5. ShiftNo

ShiftNo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input, everybody.

As far as possibly taking over somebody's plan -- assuming I found somebody who is willing to transfer their plan to me, is that a fairly simple process as long as both parties are in agreement?
  6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Actually according to this post I don't think it is possible...as IOWA said you may be able to get it to happen would be having some good negotiating skills and getting a VZW employee who can and will do the switch for you...I wish you luck please let us know if you find someone and get it to work :D
  7. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Just know that if you were to try buying out someone's grandfathered plan, that Verizon may make you pick one of the newer tiered plans.
    Yeahha likes this.
  8. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Also, This is not the place to trade or sell devices or services. We have a classified section for that.
    Yeahha and agentc13 like this.