Is there any way to stop the annoying zoom?General

Last Updated:

1. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

I updated to Jelly Bean recently, and now the annoying zoom zone on the side of a Web page is driving me crazy. How do I turn it off?

I don't see the point of it. I mean is the un-pinch movement really so difficult? I scroll all the time... I only adjust the zoom once.

2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

You cannot turn it off. You might consider using another browser, like Boat Browser. As a bonus, you will get flash support again.
  3. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

Thanks. Ok, dumb question...what is flash support?
  4. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

The ability to view Adobe Flash content in web pages, which you still have in the stock browser, provided you follow the instructions also found in this forum for installing it.
  5. The_show

The_show Member

It seems that the side are the zoom and the center scrolls the page up and down
  6. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

I think the zoom is unnecessary, but it is even more problematic for me because of its placement. Scrolling in the center of the page is an unnatural reach, especially in landscape. Users scroll much more than they adjust the zoom, so that function should be the easiest to reach.
  7. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

I realize many waited what seemed like a long time for JB (4.1.1), but I just read on another forum that this feature was disabled in the 4.1.2 version from AT&T, so maybe we'll be able to get rid of it with the next update.
  8. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

Well, I tried Boat Browser, and it's happening there, too.

I am running 4.1.1...but I have a WiFi device. Any idea when Samsung will be putting out their update? Or can I use a different update?
  9. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out what was improved / better with 4.1.1. I've read that it's marginally faster but I've also heard more complaints than raves, at least from GT2 7 owners.