• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there any word on Angry Birds?

I follow @RovioMobile on twitter and they have been saying "soon" for quite a while now. Today they are saying, "soon, final builds [are] done and tested [for android], should not take long now." A release sometime in the next few weeks seems pretty likely to me.

Does anyone know if it will be limited to phones with 2.1 or above, or any other restrictions like that?

Upvote 0
screw them. They missed the boat for my money.

I was on board months ago. But they just took too long to show android users some love. Look at how many games were released on android since they started working on Angry Birds for android. It would surprise me if they started, developed, and released a few iphone/ipad games since they started this long project for android.

I know i am just one person and it wont matter too much to most. But dollars are our voices and i will take the money i would have sent them for angry birds to another developer who cares more about android (red headed stepchild) users.

Upvote 0
Here are some responses from Rovio from Twitter regarding questions on the Android version of this sick game.

"It's all done, just figuring out how to get all the versions out."

"You will get Android, don't worry."

"@RovioMobile I'm interested. What do u mean, you're trying to work out the Android market??
Just that we built optimized versions for all screen sizes, need to work around some limitations to get it out in one package."

"iPhone now, and soon Android, Palm and Nokia N8 all good for Angry Birds. Really need touch for good Angry Birds experience."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones