• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there anything better than an iPod?

general eclect

Android Expert
Apr 10, 2013
downunder
I have a 160GB iPod Classic that's starting to act up a little, and am wondering if anyone knows if there are any other high capacity mp3 players on the market. For me to be interested in it, it would have to be at least 160GB capacity, and preferably much more so I can store my whole collection on it. Ideally, it would be much larger and be able to play .flac files...

I already knew of the Archos player which although large capacity is a tad too big (IMO) physically. Just found the Vosonic VP8870 which has a user swappable 2.5" SATA HDD and apparently will take up to 500GB drive (with one site showing up to 640GB). It also has card slots to view and back up photos and video from your camera. It's hard to tell from the sites I've looked at whether they actually come with and HDD fitted as the price doesn't seem to vary from one size to another. They come in at under AU$400. I'm thinking SSD might be the way to go.

Here's a link to one of the sites offering it downunder: XDrive Vosonic VP8870 - - Technobox Australia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones