Is there anything you don't like about your Droid Maxx?General

1. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Well-Known Member

I recently visited a Verizon store to see the Droid Maxx up close and personal. While I have heard some say negative things about the camera on Motorola phones, the camera on the Droid Maxx seems OK to me. I compared photos taken by me in the store with the Maxx and my old HTC Thunderbolt and found the photos taken by the Maxx to be a vast improvement and far superior to the HTC Thunderbolt.

Still I wonder if there are other short comings the Maxx may have and would like to hear from those who have one to critique their phone.

Advertisement
  2. ssgtob1

ssgtob1 Well-Known Member

There are no shortcomings for me.....the MAXX is by far the best phone I have ever owned. Started with an eris, OG DROID, DROID X, thunderbolt, bionic, and then an s3.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

It is great ... simply great.

I think you will get better answers to your question in the htc forum.

... Thom
  4. scupking

scupking Well-Known Member

All in all when you look at the features of the maxx it is the best smartphone out for Android. You can't pass up the great battery life. Also people that say its bad because it only has a 720p hd screen and not 1080p are crazy. With a screen this small it does not matter. The screen is the best that I have seen so far on any of the phones I have had. The only thing I wish is it had a micro sd slot. My old original maxx had one.
  5. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member

My only complaint is the double text bug when you use the hands free feature to send text messages. Aside from that it is the best phone I have ever owned as well. The screen is brilliant. The speed is phenomenal. The battery life is epic.
    Trooper likes this.
  6. landolakes

landolakes Well-Known Member

The super bright capacitive buttons.
    therasker likes this.
  7. Optimus Prune

Optimus Prune Well-Known Member

I'd take the front facing speakers from the One if someone gave me the option. That's not really something I dislike about the Maxx, since its speakers are the best I've ever owned, more of a Frankenphone wish.
  8. Thom

landolakes likes this.
  9. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'd have been fine if it was the same 4.7" display as the Moto X - slightly smaller. I'd also have been fine if Motorola made the phone a tad thicker and put in better camera hardware and optics.

These are minor quibbles. The phone does everything I need.
  11. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

I have tried the Maxx for nearly all situatlions I will use it and it is outstanding. It is not and will not be all things to all users but of the new phones out I am satisfied it is the best. The only major deal breaker is I cannot put a pink back on it.:D:D:D
  12. Thom

Try thumbnail.

... Thom

Attached Files:

13. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

LOL. Thanks Thom.
  14. rjack22

rjack22 Member

I wish the Maxx would still allow me to use my hotspot free of charge.
  15. j2theMatt

j2theMatt New Member

Don't like the lack of customization with the notification widget.
  16. Thom

My Mobile Hotspot is included in my Share Everything Plan and is not limited to the Maxx.

... Thom
  17. Spg210

Spg210 Member

It's a bit on the heavy side. Coming from an S4, the heft is noticeable. The trade off being incredible battey life due the huge battery inside the Maxx. The camera gets a grade of 6-8.5 out of 10. I find that more often than not I have to take a few shots to get a good one.
  18. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

When reading something that takes time, it's screen goes off quickly. For example, reading these forums on Tapatalk the screen shuts off often.
  19. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Try settings->display->sleep to increase the time before the screen turns off.
  20. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I set it to 1 minute. Let's see if that fixes my issue. I'll report back. :)
  21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I don't know how I missed this, but if there is one thing I hate about this phone it's the silly and annoying DROID notification sound, PARTICULARLY AS PARTICULARLY OF THE BOOT PROCESS. I really wish Verizon would drop that stupid sound (at least on bootup).

Actually, many/most of the built in notification and ringtone sounds are terrible.
  22. Thom

Forced to agree. Copy the attached to any folder called Notifications and then select it as your Default notification sound.

(This is in fact the only thing I like about the iPhone.)

... Thom

Attached Files:

23. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I have a saved notification from my old Droid eris that I use. (And another one for calendar notifications.)

Unfortunately, without root you cannot do anything about the boot process sound.
  24. jesta192

jesta192 Member

Ironically, the DROID sound steered me *toward* the droid line again (brought back memories of the original Droid :p). Everyone has their preferences.