• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there anyway to improve signal strength on the Galaxy S3?

toxaris71

Sep 24, 2012
I just recently got the S3, and I'm very happy with it!
I only have a small issue with it - it has problems staying connected to my carrier while I'm in school, specifically the cafeteria and rooms without windows, where 90% of the time I have no service, and the rest, it stays at 1 bar (interestingly it occasionally spikes up to full bars for a few seconds, without me moving it). Would there be any practical way of improving signal strength?
Thanks!

Edit: extra info, I am using the Bell LTE version in Canada in a region which supports LTE.

I just recently got the S3, and I'm very happy with it!
I only have a small issue with it - it has problems staying connected to my carrier while I'm in school, specifically the cafeteria and rooms without windows, where 90% of the time I have no service, and the rest, it stays at 1 bar (interestingly it occasionally spikes up to full bars for a few seconds, without me moving it). Would there be any practical way of improving signal strength?
Thanks!

Edit: extra info, I am using the Bell LTE version in Canada in a region which supports LTE.

might be how the school is built. The university I go to has a wing (and ironically, it's the wing my department has been given...) where it is literally a conceit bunker. I kid you not, even wifi sometimes fails in there. Once you take two steps out of the doors, I get full bars and wifi hasn't been dropped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones