1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is there some app that allows me to control how my contacts / phonebook are shared over bluetooth?General

1. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

I have a Note 3 and an 2012 audi. The contacts are shared with my audi over bluetooth. Seemingly randomely, sometimes when it pairs, Each person in my contact list shows up once...with the home, mobile, and work numbers visible only if I open that contact on the car list. OR I get the person's name in my list of contacts multiple times, once for each number. This kills me for voice dialing. If I say "Call Joe Smith mobile," it wants to know which Joe Smith. When it pairs with one Joe Smith with the other numbers nested, it works just fine.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it pairs one way or the other. I do nothing different. If it pairs the wrong way, I repeat it. Sometimes I have to repeat it 3 or 4 times until it takes it the other way.

I wish there was an app out there that controls the communication. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Thread moved to the forum dedicated to your phone.

... Thom
  3. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

This issue has been seen on a previous Galaxy Skyrocket that I had as well as a Galaxy S3 (although it mysteriously resolved on that phone). I am looking for an app for any android that controls the bluetooth exporting of phonebook contacts.