1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there something that will log all HTTP requests my phone makes?

Last Updated:

1. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw an message "page could not be loaded" in an app that I was using which made me realize that it's UI may be HTTP based somehow. Is there a way that I can find out where it is sending its requests?

Advertisement
  2. jeezers

jeezers Member

Not really. It sounds like a local file system request based on the information you have given. To monitor that would require an app specifically designed to monitor the processes of the offending app and such an app is unlikely to exist unless a need for such has been recognised and developed.

If the HTTP request is not local, i.e. The app is requesting an online help file because you pressed the 'help' button then you could easily intercept the request on your network using a PC and certain software.

Perhaps the UI uses a browser type interface and only SOME of it is stored locally to save space on your device. In either case it doesn't sound suspicious.

Unless you give details of which app this is, we won't be able to help much. Sorry.

It's important to check the permissions an app requests before installing it, if it requires full internet access and you don't think it needs it, then suspect the worst. If you are in any doubt then un-install the app.

3. MonkeyK

The app is Pocket Empires. Suprising that I can't log all HTTP requests the phone makes. I can do this on my PC.

4. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant Active Member

You can probably do what you want by logging all traffic through your router, but I don't know of any app to do it directly from your phone.

MonkeyK likes this.
  5. MonkeyK

That's a great idea JollyGreenGiant. I'll give it a try tonight.