Is there something wrong with my Captivate?Support

Last Updated:

1. brian1269

brian1269 New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 6, 2010

I've had my Captivate for a few months now and am kind of disappointed with the performance.

I have had all the other common issues and annoyances that others seem to have: GPS is junk, no side-loading, no Skype, etc., but those I can live with.

But I bought this thing because it was supposed to be fast. It's not. It locks up/freezes/hesitates all the time, and goes to a black screen for up to a minute often when switching, launching or exiting an application. It seems to really labor to do other basic tasks like browsing, on the web or in the market place, and looking at maps. among other things.

So is anyone else with a Captivate or another Galaxy S phone experiencing any of this? I've been talking to Samsung and they suggest I send it in to be looked at. I just want to know how other people's experiences have been with this phone.

2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    The lag is a common problem, but be wary of the "lagfixes" out there that address this... sometimes the fix is more-dangerous than the problem. These are pretty intrusive hacks and they come with gotchas and risks.

Lagfix - CapFAQ

It is possible to sideload on the Captivate. Rather easily, in fact. Again, I refer you to the Captivate FAQ:

Sideloading - CapFAQ