• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there such a device?

Hi, hope some members can direct me if possible. I am looking for a single phone/data device and some provider which meets these criteria:

7" display
phone
android tablet
national coverage on a par with Verizon
unlimited data (I like to stream Pandora daily which can be about 10g/mo.
reasonable service rates ($50/mo)

I travel; I had a Droid; an android phone is fine except for the size; a Galaxy Tab is fine except for the no phone and service rates. Coverage is essential. Road Puck does not seem to have national coverage. Is there such a thing as personal, mobile, wi-fi? Are there any feasible combinations or is this a pipe dream for now?

It kind of would be weird of you were talking on a 7 inch tablet, dont you think? i doubt there is one out there nor will there ever be one....

Bluetooth has been out for many years which makes this perfectly feasible, actually preferable to non-bluetooth for me, even on a regular phone. And North America is one of the few markets WITHOUT a phone-enabled tab. XDA has hacked the euro rom onto GSM tabs but that wouldn't solve the data problem or pricing. But thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones