Is there such a thing as a 4g booster?

1. SaladProblems

SaladProblems New Member

Heya, I'm renting a basement 'studio' in NY and my 4g literally cuts out halfway down the staircase to my place. I've seen a fair amount of boosters advertised, but would any of them really work with an Evo? More generally speaking, do any data signal boosters work with any android phones or smart phones at all?

Advertisement
    :
  2. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member

The major thing I've noticed since I got my Evo is Sprint's 4G does not penetrate buildings well. When I'm in my house I get zero 4G reception. It just sits at Searching. If I step out on my porch I get a single bar. If I go out in the street I get a borderline full signal that flickers between full bars and minus one bar.

If there was a cheap 4G antenna I could put outside and connect to a repeater placed inside, I would definitely buy it. Not sure how much that would cost in hardware.
  3. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member

if they make it, it will definitely be marketed as WiMaximum
  4. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

Sprint really needs to work on their issues with reception of all kind inside. I get great reception outside for both phone and 4G and not a damn thing inside, making it useless. They gave me the airave but I don't see why they just can't make it work the way all other providers do.
  5. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member

I get max signal strength for both cell reception and 3G inside buildings pretty much everywhere I go. The only issue is 4G indoors.
  6. Just to be clear. The difference between your 3g signal and wimax signal with penetration, is less then 1%. Understand that one is operating at 1.8ghz the other is at 2.5ghz. The current difference between lte and wimax is less then 3%.

3g penetrates more because of higher tower density. You will only have 1 or 2 wimax towers, you will have up to 10 cellphone.
  7. RF Expert

RF Expert New Member

I sell and install booster repeaters. Nothing for the Sprint 4G yet.