Is There Support for Google Listen?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by FergatROn, Sep 29, 2010.

1. FergatROn

FergatROn Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Web developer
    GA
    Hi All,

I'm a BIG fan of Google Listen, until one of their updates just started f**king up everything! I posted my concern on their discussion group (Discussions - listen-discuss | Google Groups), but I'm not sure that official channel is actually answering ANY questions. The replies are more users saying they have the same problem.

Can I get support (or answers) here or should I just stick to their discussion group?

Here are some of my concerns:

• I can't fast forward or rewind anymore. If I try to move the timeline the podcast starts over.
    • A lot of the time I get an error along the line that it can't play the file. So; it no longer plays while streaming. I have to wait until I get a full download.
    • When I use my bluetooth headset to start/stop a song, it messes with the Music app. I can't disable this option without disabling it for Music.
    I'm running their latest version (v1.1.3b) on my Motoroloa Droid FRG22D. I think I saw these issues when I had Android 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    My understanding is it's basically not supported. Personally, I tried it out and found it to be a pretty crappy alternative to the paid versions out there. Try out Doggcatcher and you'll see it's like a night and day comparison. Google does a lot of things well, but Listen is not one of them.

FergatROn likes this.
  3. FergatROn

FergatROn Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Web developer
    GA
    I'm probably asking for too much, but I'm not ready to purchase any software on the Android Marketplace. Is there a free alternative to Google Listen or should I simply expect the same result with most free applications.

4. A.Nonymous

Jun 7, 2010
    I've tried quite a few free podcasting apps and was unimpressed with every single one of them. I tried Doggcatcher and loved it. There are several free podcasting apps out there though. Some are better than others.

5. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    What is there to not "be ready" about? I see this a lot lately. What is the aversion to buying an app? You get 24 hours to get a refund, which is more than I can say about the Apple marketplace. Why not try it out? If you hate it or don't think its worth the 7 bucks, you can get your money back.

6. A.Nonymous

Jun 7, 2010
    I'm told you can get refunds from Apple, but you have to jump through hoops and deal with pissy people to do it. I bought an app the other day because it was highly recommended by several people on this forum. I installed it on my device and it kept force closing and wouldn't work. I did the typical stuff (rebooted the phone, cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app) and it still kept force closing on my phone and didn't work. One click later and the app was uninstalled for good and I got my refund. It was an easy process.