• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a bug???

BadSectorGR

Jul 20, 2010
Hi all, just bought today HTC Desire and really love it :)
I have one question though(a bit noobie): When there is an incoming call and I have headset connected phone is ringing from the headset so I miss the call. Is there any settings that would allow ringing from handset instead of headset?

Very funny but your post is not so useful..it would be better if you didn't reply at all

I think the OP was looking from a serious point of view, ie are the earphones in your ear when you can't hear the phone or are the earphones out of your ear when you can't hear the phone.
This is the only way to build up a picture of what the problem is.

Upvote 0
I think the OP was looking from a serious point of view, ie are the earphones in your ear when you can't hear the phone or are the earphones out of your ear when you can't hear the phone.
This is the only way to build up a picture of what the problem is.

OK, if that was from a serious point of view I am sorry. When I have the earphones on I can hear it ringing, but as you understand I cannot have the earphones always on :D. I want it connected to my earphones on my desk and when there is a call hear it ringing.

Upvote 0
OK, if that was from a serious point of view I am sorry. When I have the earphones on I can hear it ringing, but as you understand I cannot have the earphones always on :D. I want it connected to my earphones on my desk and when there is a call hear it ringing.

I don't think you can as the whole idea of headphones is to channel the sounds through themselves, same idea as on the stereo/mp3 player.
Only solution i can think of is the vibrate, not sure if that still works when the headphones are plugged in but if it does that makes a reasonable sound when on a hard surface

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones