Is this a good dealGeneral

Last Updated:

1. danglr09

danglr09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found a g1 on craigslist in mint condition for $100.
    the seller says the problem is the software needs to be reinstalled. Is that easy to do?

heres the post
    "G1 for sale! CHEAP! ONLY $100!!!!!!"

"hey, I have a bronze tmobile g1 for sale. Only $100. The reason its so cheap, is becuase the phone needs to have the software re-installed. If you are good with computers, this is a steal for you!
    $100 firm.
    The phone is in mint condition!
    When I turn the phone on, it goes to the tmobile screen and freezes. Just needs a new software installed. "

Advertisement
  2. danglr09

is this a good deal

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Surprised you aren't getting more replies, the folks here are normally pretty helpful.

Are you good with computers?
    Have you read the imaging instructions here or elsewhere yet?
    Does it sound scary or easy to you?

Are you good with computers?

I would ask the person to send you an image of the phone powered on, so you know it works.

4. danglr09

yea im pretty good with computers. Ive built them, formated them, installed os', burned images to cds/dvds, converted files..., among other pretty technical stuff, but i dont know how to image the os to the phone.

5. danglr09

yea im kinda skeptical of craigslist to...i just emailed the person and asked for pics or vid of it turned on. oh btw i havent bought the sim card or called tmo yet either swiss...lol i guess im waiting on the phone, plus the fact of recently becoming unemployed [im 16] i need to find a new job quick. when i do i will get all this stuff done. cant wait for android, but it sucks that i have to get a g1, i would really like an htc magic, but those unlocked on ebay are going for $600/$700+ easy and tmo wont have it in stores until august so i guess ill be getting a g1.
    or i could buy this $100 g1[assuming the seller sends me pics of it on], reinstall software, use it for awhile, then buy a magic w/tmo branding on ebay hopefully for cheaper.