is this a good phone??General

1. supersean

supersean Active Member

so today i just went to hell and back i the rain and stupid me i didnt bring something to hold my phone it was the samsung admire in it was between my pocket and backpack so i put it in my backpack because that never failed me and it got wet BADLY:( so i needed to get a new phone so i decided upon this and the htc wildfire S so which one is better in terms of memory speed and other things i got like a week to make up my mind so please help me:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

This phone is WAY better than the wildfire. Memory and internal space are much more.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Put the phone in a large bag of rice. Enough rice to cover it entirely. Make sure you pul the back cover and battery. Leave it in there for a week or two. It might still work well enough to use it as a backup.
  4. alfick3

My wife did that a few weeks ago. She had accidentally dropped it into water. We stuck it a zip lock bag of rice for a little over 24 hours. She's actually still using it, until we can get the OM+. The camera button doesn't work any more (by the way, that is one thing that LG did wrong is to not put a dedicated camera button like on the original OM) and it randomly decided not to ring or give off a notification tone. She sometimes misses a call or email/text until she picks up the phone and looks at it and sees the missed call or email/text.
  5. Anthony1970

Anthony1970 Well-Known Member

Depends what you are comparing it to. If you are comparing it the admire, yes it is. The wildfire? yes. The connect or esteem?? Probably not.
  6. nanchyi

nanchyi Member

I would definitely recommend this over the Wildfire ANY DAY! I upgraded from the Wildfire to the Optimus M+ and let me tell you. The wildfire has hardly any memory, the Optimus M+ is a very good phone if you don't need a 1Ghz or the 4G. Someone has mentioned in another thread that it was almost as fast as their Esteem.
  7. Goldenakin

Goldenakin Well-Known Member

My Stepdad has a rooted Esteem and i can tell you it feels just as fast as it. Im holding both his Esteem and my OM+ right now. It is well worth it for what your paying
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  8. alfick3

I just picked up my OM+ last night. It is fantastic, so far. LG did a great job for internal memory. With my OM, since I only had about 200Mb of internal memory I was constantly running out of app space until I installed the dark tremor a2sd script. I then formatted my sd card with a 500 Mb ext3 partition and had plenty of space. With this OM+ I don't have to use the a2sd scripting.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.