is this complete? will it work?

Last Updated:

1. turboranger91

turboranger91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'm really wanting to root my mytouch 3g slide. it's running on the 2.1 update and has a build number of 1.35.531.1. i've been doing a lot of reading lately, and i feel like i'm ready to give this a shot. however, as i read the replies in the thread, someone was saying that the commands were incomplete. can anyone verify that it's incomplete or that it will work just fine?

here's the link:
    [How-To] Root the Slide with any sw verision and flash cust rom - xda-developers

Advertisement
  2. turboranger91

turboranger91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

after looking through it, and the video for it as well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVjoKvy-YZg), i noticed a couple differences. i understand that the video was for a prior build number than mine, but it gave a link to the method i posted above. the differences arein the video he says to put the phone into recovery mode and type "loop" in the cmd. on the written walk through, he says to just type "myroot". i know that's wrong, because that does nothing. my question is: do i actually put the phone in recovery mode? do i actually type "loop" before continuing on with the rest?

watch the video while reading the walk through and you'll see what i mean.

3. Shnerf

Shnerf Member