• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is This Flash Player Safe

maf84

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
I read that installing this flash player by following the steps listed in the Play Store app "Flash Player 11 Web (how to)" will enable flash content in browsers.

Is this safe? You are instructed to download an apk on your desktop, transfer it to your phone, and then install it on your phone.

:thinking:

Thanks

This is how you have to install flash player. http://androidforums.com/kyocera-rise/675600-android-4-0-adobe-flash-11-a.html

The download in that little tutorial is directly from adobe's site. I would not trust any so called flash apps in the play store, as adobe pulled there support. So the real flash app is not on there.

Just make sure you enable 'unknown sources' in the security or app options (can't rememeber exactly were it is). And you need a flash supported browser, like dolphin HD (I believe the stock ICS one is too, also ICS browser+ is pretty good). Also you can download the flash.apk directly to your phone with your browser. And Install it with a file browser, like es file explorer. Your browser may need to be set to desktop mode to view flash content like your used to on your desktop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones