Is this gonna unroot me???

1. google123

google123 Well-Known Member

I just got this message on my rooted 2.2 FRG Droid. If I install this is it going to unroot me?
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Advertisement
  2. google123

well i went ahead and clicked reboot and install. I figured if it does unroot, i can always follow the guide again. but, now im staring at a black screen with yellow exclamation point inside a triangle next to a green android robot. what the hell?????
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Your recovery should be blocking your install of the OTA. Did you try a battery pull and getting back into recovery?
    Also, what ROM are you running? I know most should prevent the update from even appearing, but I think folks on BB are having this issue. There's a patch somewhere to prevent the update from downloading, not sure where it is though.
  4. google123

I pulled the battery, reinserted it and the phone booted back to the way it was. i used the guide on here to root the phone when i replaced frg01b with frg22. i shut down the phone, and restarted it holding x along with power and it takes me to clockwork recovery, i chose install update.zip from sd card and it says aborted. do i even need this update since i already had frg22???? im still new at this and am not even sure. also, when the OTA downloads to your device, where is the update stored and is it still called update.zip???? either way, my phone is still running as it was before i got this message about the update so.........
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yeah, CW won't allow you to install the official OTA, it's a built in feature. You have a couple options. One is to flash a ROM like CyanogenMod6 which goes so far as to remove the "Check for System Updates" section on your phone, blocking the download of 2.2. The other is to go into Root Explorer and change the name of the file. (I can't recall exactly how to do this, hopefully someone else will chime in)
  6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I followed these instructions, and it worked like a charm. If you follow this properly, the problem goes away.

Peter Alfonso