Is this normal for a Captivate? or should i return it?

Last Updated:

1. mafmmx

mafmmx Member This Topic's Starter

First time Android user here. Just picked up a Captivate yesterday from ATT.

I get it home and take it out of the box, used it like i normally would, went to bed, thru it on the charger ( it still had a charge left )

anways, yesterday i am out and just not use to the battery life of the phone yet, so the phone completely drains and just goes dead..ok no biggie..

when i get home and plug it into the wall ( using the samsung charger and mini USB cable supplid ) i get no light of any kind on the phone showing its charging, the phone wont even turn on..

I figure maybe it needs a few mins to get a little charge before i can power it on ( normally you can power a dead device on aslong as its plugged into the wall )

I gave it a good 10-20 mins and it STILL wouldnt turn on ( power cord still attached! )

i go to bed, wake up, did a battery pull and it powered on fine and fully charged.

Is this normal? or do i have a lemon and should i swao it out?

the USB cable was seated in the mini USB port ( i know it can be tricky if the door isnt open all the way ) but everything was fine.

Any ideas? Advice?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

When the battery's dead and it's plugged up, a battery indicator will come on. It could have been a one time incident. I would let it die again, and plug it up (maybe do it twice). If it replicates what happened (not showing a charging indicator), it could be a problem with the phone.

3. jonE5

jonE5 Well-Known Member

never happened with my cappy yet, but with my iphone 3G if it ever died while in use, it had to charge for a good 20mins + before it would turn on or show any activity at all.

4. krystak04

krystak04 Member

since your new to the phone and all, make 100% sure the charging door is open all the way, it should click open and hold there. then make sure your charger is pushed in all the way. i know i saw back on like july 14th alot of people were talking about their chargers coming out easily. well they werent plugged in all the way. so make sure yours is.