Is this normal for a Samsung Galaxy S3 battery?General

Last Updated:

1. candyland4704

candyland4704 Member

So I've had my S3 for 2 months now and I feel like the battery is getting really weak. I've been using my phone today for 5 hours with lowest brightness, power save settings on, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, and auto sync off, and I'm down to 48%. I've been using wifi (my data is turned off) and all I've been doing is surfing the web, using the tumblr app, and I played a game for like 10 minutes. Is this because I've been using my phone too much? The battery goes down 1% every 18-20 minutes when on sleep/stand-by mode. Is that normal too?

Advertisement
  2. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

how long has your screen been on, in settings click battery than screen it will tell you the % of battery the screen has used as well as the time on
  3. candyland4704

candyland4704 Member

It says my screen is using 95% of the battery. The other 4% is "Cell Standby" and the other 2% is "Device Idle". Is there any way to reduce the screen usage? I already have it on the lowest brightness so I don't see why it would be taking up 95% of my battery.
  4. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

Doesnt sound normal.
  5. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

power save might be your problem.
    if you have 100% battery, there is no reason to turn on power save. most of the time, i find power save will drain your battery faster on daily use.
  6. candyland4704

candyland4704 Member

What does power save do exactly?
  7. Heisenberg123

But you never say how long the screen was on
  8. candyland4704

candyland4704 Member

For a while actually. Is that why my phone is running out of battery so fast? I reset my phone and checked my battery usage and now it says the display is using only 38% of my battery. 21% is the internet, 12% is android system, then there's like 7 other things using 2%.
  9. Heisenberg123

its not a guess, click on screen in the battery usage screen and it will give the exact time, if you get 3+ hours a day you wont do much better than that
  10. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

it slows down your phone to save battery. decrease screen brightness, limits your cpu, etc. basically, tasks that should take less than a second might take a few seconds with power save on.

there's no need to have power save on unless your in the red.
  11. Axis

Axis New Member

I think that is quite normal, it's almost the same for me.

Maybe your screen timeout is quite long.