Is this normal on the HTC Desire??

1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I have been noticing something on my HTC Desire ever since I got it 8 months ago but I have never thought anything of it until now.

Basicly, there seems to be a very small gap between the soft touch plastic on the front of the phone where the buttons are and the bar of metal under the glass for the screen. I have noticed in daylight and sunlight that this is actually collecting dust, it also feels slightly more raised than the metal part. I am wondering if this is just mine or if everyone's is like this? Could you all please check yours?

Just in case you are still not sure where I mean, it's the first gap up from the buttons and trackpad.

Advertisement
  2. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Yep, got a small gap there which collects shite, but it's not really noticeable unless I look for it. The metalwork seems flush with the plastic to me though.
  3. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Tiny tiny gap and all is flush. Over a year old, no case and no dust
  4. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

So if you run your finger over it you don't feel that the plastic bit is a tiny bit higher?
  5. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

No gap and same level on mine. Its one of the original Desire's in the UK if that helps.
  6. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

Very small gap on mine (S-LCD). Not really noticeable unless I look closely.

For comparison sake, the gap is so small on mine I could not stick a pin head in it.
  7. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Ok guys, thanks for all your replys :)
  8. thebillington

thebillington Well-Known Member

About a 1mm gap between plastic and metal, plastic seems very slightly higher too. It's a vodafone one from about a year ago.
    ajh94 likes this.