• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this normal? Picture included.

Fuzzy13

Extreme Android User
Dec 8, 2011
A-T-L-A-N-T-A
I noticed these tree trunk looking lines inside the settings for Google search. Not sure if it happens elsewhere but it seemed strange.

Anyone else have this?

u6enadab.jpg

It looks like you've just turned the volume down all the way to vibrate (with the rocker). Those "tree trunks" are the settings for different volumes (call, speaker, etc).

Haha. I don't see what your looking at.

But yeah, I was talking about the "life rings" on the background image. It's more noticeable on they phone that the ss. Checked other places but this is the only place I've noticed it at.

It doesn't bother me, just thought it was strange and want sure if it was intentional.

Upvote 0
its not intentional. its supposed to be a smooth transition from one shade to 5-6 shades darker. its just the nature of displays i guess as i see it on the Gnex, and on my PC monitor(LCD)

same thing goes for the phone settings menu where the black at the top fades to a grey/blue...you can see the vertical "banding" lines similar to this.

FWIW, i think CM10 has a setting in it somewhere for "dithering" which smooths these little eye sores out a bit. helped quite a bit on the settings background image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones