Is this normal? Picture included.Support

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I noticed these tree trunk looking lines inside the settings for Google search. Not sure if it happens elsewhere but it seemed strange.

Anyone else have this?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

It looks like you've just turned the volume down all the way to vibrate (with the rocker). Those "tree trunks" are the settings for different volumes (call, speaker, etc).
  3. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

He means the concentric rings you can see on the white background. I think it must be some kind of background image Or texture. Its barely visible on mine with the brightness cranked up. Its not a display flaw since it shows up in a screenshot and doesn't appear on any other white backgrounds.
  4. Fuzzy13

Haha. I don't see what your looking at.

But yeah, I was talking about the "life rings" on the background image. It's more noticeable on they phone that the ss. Checked other places but this is the only place I've noticed it at.

It doesn't bother me, just thought it was strange and want sure if it was intentional.
  5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

its not intentional. its supposed to be a smooth transition from one shade to 5-6 shades darker. its just the nature of displays i guess as i see it on the Gnex, and on my PC monitor(LCD)

same thing goes for the phone settings menu where the black at the top fades to a grey/blue...you can see the vertical "banding" lines similar to this.

FWIW, i think CM10 has a setting in it somewhere for "dithering" which smooths these little eye sores out a bit. helped quite a bit on the settings background image.
  6. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to see it unless I was using my work laptop and viewing it at a very weird angle. I tried to look to see if my phone had it and I couldn't see the rings while looking at the same menu.
  7. Fuzzy13

So yeah, like the above poster said, I just checked this post from a PC and I cant see it period. Must be a combination of the display and the actual image itself.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

It's called banding. Just a poorly done image. ;)

Less Janky

The article won't help fix what you're seeing, but it should help you understand why you're seeing it.
    Fuzzy13 likes this.